Monday, March 29, 2010

Epiphany moment at two am...

Ah HA! Shaa-zzam! The truth has revealed itself to me at last. Too bad the truth has simply no respect at all for a poor, tired body needing sleep! Thats right, oh yeah. I had yet another "epiphany moment" at two am. Frankly, I have to say there could (and really should), be a better time for the shining light of wisdom to dawn upon this thick marble head but so far, no....not happening.

Nature must think (in it's infinite wisdom), that somehow I might not be paying enough attention during the day. Or perhaps maybe, I wont be able to handle the burst of wise truth during normal business hours. It does'nt really matter what brought it on. The subject matter choices have been many and myriad over the years and without fail, that wrenching, 'lightning stroke' of brilliance always seems to happen when I should sleeping like a babe in arms, one who is dead to the world or at the very least one that would appear to the average layperson to be in a semi-comatose state of rest.

See, I think. Yep, I do it all the time...Its another one of those things I DO. Its sort of like a J.O.B. (job) since I started writing. One cannot write without having things to write ABOUT. And yes, this is a requirement of the job. Theres no sidestepping it. No pawning it off on a pimple faced underling or letting it sit in some dusty, forsaken inbox somewhere until the boss notices. Nope, to write (even fairly well), you have to think about subjects, then endure even more weird off-shoot thoughts, then consider feelings and their results and the list goes on and on...yada, yada yada. Sorry aspiring writers, yeah, that part came as a bit of a shock to me too....

That having been said, I have to tell you again, I do this thinking 'stuff' pretty much all the time. Yup, every waking moment. Some of it just happens, some of it I actually designate a special time and a place to do. The walk time on the treadmill is really a preferred spot. Somehow my mind limbers up and moves more easily through and across even the darkest, stickiest and most viscus of subjects when my body is in motion too. Another highly valued spot I've got to do the bullwork in is deep inside my comfortable, slightly overstuffed chair (although the cat might argueably say it's his), which sits in front of my computer. I get 'rifle-fire-quick rounds of thoughts and determinations there for some reason. Hmm...I suppose I've got twitter to thank for that painless course in speed thinking...heh heh...But hey, 'thanks' really! I mean, who knew?

So now I've said it, I do believe its now been clearly stated, outright and plain as day. I THINK! Oh yes, I do....I say it here and declare it to the whole world at large, to the entire universe and to any nooks and crannies of places that may exist beyond. Are you listening Mother Nature? You cruel, mind bending, epiphany rending, intelligence wi-fi sending wench you....AND let me also state, I can be best be reached between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, month in and month out, seven days a week....

Thanks for reading. Oh, until we meet again....At the tone, please leave your name and number, I'll get back to you, hopefully between 9 and 5.....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks julieannie-whatevermore for your question. Basically the stroke of brilliance was; 1, A problem is really only a problem to you, the odds are incredably good that any other person involved (in your problem) probably doesnt even know you have one unless you tell them..hence thereafter creating a problem for two people. (why double the trouble?).

    And then part 2 of the epiphany, A problem is only one as long as you let it be, if you let go of the problem...the problem will usually let go of you, their like that, shallow and knnown to flit about carelessly... those problems, they really are such superficial little brats...
    lol! thanks again for taking a look and your comment! 4030lisa

    ReplyDelete